It is very easy to get married in Arya Samaj Mandir. With the sound of hymns and blessings of Vedas, you can tie the nuptial knot with your soulmate. It is mainly like Hindu marriage in which the Pheras are taken around the holy fire. This way of marriage ensures the spiritual transition of the couple from Brahmacharya to Grihastha Ashram (single to married).
But make sure you first check the list of documents required for the solemnization for an Arya Samaj Marriage. The mainly required document are:
- ID proof of both
- Address Proof of both
- 4 photos of each
- Birth Proof
- Two Witnesses
- Additional documents in the case of divorcee or Widow/Widower
The Rules of Eligibility for Arya Samaj Marriage Are:
- The Age of the groom must be at least 21 and the bride should be at least 18.
- Any adult who is Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, or Sikhs can get married in Arya Samaj Mandir.
- An adult who is not Muslim, Christian, Parsi, or Jew can perform the Arya Samaj Marriage.
- If none of the partners is Muslims, Christians, Parsis or Jews, the Inter-Caste Marriages and Inter-Religious Marriages can also be performed in an Arya Samaj Mandir.
- If the couple is Non-Hindu by origin, they can convert through a process called Shuddhi and then perform the Arya Samaj marriage. But it should be done with their free will and conscious state of mind. The converts after purification can get married in Arya samaj mandir.
The Arya Samaj Marriage can only be registered under the two Acts of law:
- It can be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, when both bride and groom share the principles and beliefs.
- It can be registered under Special Marriage Act, 1954, when the couple holds the different beliefs and religious principles,
Validity of Arya Samaj Marriage Certificate
The Arya samaj marriage certificate is not a legal proof of marriage. But it can be used to register your marriage in the sub-registrar’s local office.