It is essential to register marriage in India to give it validation among the eyes of laws and society. The marriage registration certificate acts as legal proof while applying for other government documents like PAN, Visa, and Passport.
As we know, every important process is now carried online and hence the Delhi Government has introduced an online marriage registration platform to make your wedding legally valid.
What Are the Requirements to Apply Marriage Certificate Online in Delhi?
- The groom should be at least 21 in age
- The bride should be at least 18 years
- Two witnesses of the marriage
List of Required Documents for Marriage Registration Online Delhi
Though there are various documents required to apply for a marriage registration certificate in Delhi, Aadhar card is the most important of all. Without the original Aadhar card, it is not possible to apply for marriage registration and the form will not be accepted. So, if anyone out of the couple does not have an Aadhar card, first apply for it.
Other than the Adhaar card, the below-given documents are required:
- Proof of Identity of the couple
- Date of Birth Proof for bride and groom
- Proof of address of both
- Permanent Residence proof of both
- An affidavit
- Identity Proofs of the Witnesses
- Two photographs of both the applicants
All the documents should be self-attested by both bride and groom.
The format of the affidavit should be as same as this:
Once you are ready with the documents, you can apply for an appointment date online or by visiting the relevant court area.
The Process to Obtain Marriage Certificate in Delhi
- First, go to https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/
- Now, select “Appointment to with DM” the last option in the list of services.
- Select your District and click continue.
- Add the details of the husband and click on “Date of appointment”.
- Fill the marriage registration form duly and then again select Date of appointment
- Tap on Submit Application.
- You will be redirected to a confirmation page that includes your details of the appointment and the important instructions.
- Print the page of confirmation.
Fees of Forms for Marriage Registration Certificate in Delhi
|Registration Under Hindu Marriage Act||100|
|Registration Under Special Marriage Act||150|
Differences between Events of the Hindu Marriage Act and Special Marriage Act?
Hindu Marriage Act:
While applying for registration under the Hindu Marriage Act, the SDM will first verify the documents on the date of appointment. Therefore, both parties should be present on the appointment date along with two witnesses. After completing all the documentation and other formalities, the marriage certificate will be issued within a few days.
Special Marriage Act:
Both the bride and groom needed to be present at the registrar’s office on the date of appointment, but before this, the couple needs to submit the documents for issuance of public notice in order to invite objections. The notice of the wedding should also be displayed on the notice board of SDM’s office and the copy of the same should be sent to the address of both parties (bride and groom).
Authorities will wait for 30 days for any objection and registration will take place after one month in the registrar’s office.